[pianotech] Shop lighting

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Tue Oct 13 20:14:46 MDT 2009

I just re-installed the fluorescents in my shop.  The old ones were 4 tube
220 volt ......   the new ones are 4 tube 120 volt skinny little things and
I had a choice of spectrums to choose from.  I chose daylight and I saw an
immense difference right away.  Doing touch up on a finish is where I saw
the biggest advantage.  The repair looks the same outside as it does inside.

I have plug sockets on the ceiling.  The other fluorescents are plugged into
them and as they fail I can plug in the replacements   I also hang extension
cords from them with anchors on the cords near the plug sockets.  The cord
dangle just above my head by about a foot or two so I reach them as I need
them.  Some are extra long and I have a hook in the wall nearby to contain
them out of the way when I don't need them.  Over the years, I've never had
to search for a plug in, or an extension cord.

Congrats and I hope your new shop is a profitable and comfortable place to
make people happy.

Lar