[pianotech] Steinway Upright Double Flanges

Patrick C. Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 13 12:48:35 MDT 2009

Hello all: I am currently replacing some broken damper levers on a Steinway K upright, and out of curiosity tried to pull a hammer off, which is connected to the other side of the double flang. I just can not figure out how to pull it out - there isn't enough clearance for the backcheck catcher to clear. There must be a way to do this! Help me out, you Steinway experts.
Thanks,
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
530-265-1983