[pianotech] broken Spinet Hammer Shank

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Tue Oct 13 00:55:36 MDT 2009

My apologies Joe!  In all my newness, I'm afraid I was unaware of the
history behind this procedure. I originally learned of the procedure
from the PACE guide on common repairs.  The article in there was
authored by Mr. Spurlock.  So I assumed....  well, we all know what
assuming does to you...  :-)

So would you prefer it be called the "Garrett Procedure", the "JG
Fix", or the all encompassing "I broke the dang hammer shank and Joe
taught me how to fix it procedure"?

:-)

Rob McCall
McCall Piano Service, LLC