[pianotech] Broken Agraffe

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 9 07:26:53 MDT 2009

Using the same wire isn't a problem but you usually have to sacrifice the
becket (oh no, there's that word again).  Carefully unwind the coils without
kinking the wire and break off the old becket (trying to straighten it
usually causes it to break anyway).  It will then ruin your totally aligned
beckets since the string will now be about 1/4" shorter on each end.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com