[pianotech] Size 2 pins

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:04:06 MDT 2009

Ok -  After reading your endless opinions about beckets, I have a trivia
question  that has bugged me for years. Why are size 2 pins that I buy from
Schaff .282  in diameter, and not .281? Look at the sequence for pins -
.276,
.282, .286,  .291, .296, .301. Size 2 should be .281, shouldn't it? Why
isn't it?   Please give an answer that makes sense, someone.  Chuck  Behm

>Chuck, it's because the arc of the radius of the agraffe in  conjunction
>with a superposition of the number of coils on the pin after the  beckets
are
>aligned with Mars on the cusp of Taurus, all pointing to 3:00,  squeeze the
>heck out of the pin as it leans backward to avoid flagpoling. C'mon,  man,
>look at the charts. Do the math. Obviously you aren't one of those who, as
>Nossman claims, is attempting to be at least minimally accurate and
>rational. And yes, it can be a disorder. :-)

Paul - You're advanced degree in Bovine Scatology will be arriving shortly
in the mail. Thanks for the great answer! I'm just wondering why that hadn't
occurred to me before. I mean really, it's so obvious!  Chuck