[pianotech] Stringing question and puzzler for the day

Stephen Grattan lostchordclinic at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 8 10:51:30 MDT 2009

Hello list,

I am in the process of tearing an upright piano down to install a pinblock and restring as part of a very extensive rebuild.  I have never seen a pattern of stringing like what I found on this piano. Should I copy it or go to a more traditional pattern?  Also - can you identify the piano?  I know what it is - but it seems like a good puzzle.

Steve Grattan
Lost Chord Clinic