[pianotech] Beckets

Jude Reveley (Absolute Piano) juderev at verizon.net
Thu Oct 8 07:19:07 MDT 2009

> Jude -
> One of those times where a picture (diagram) would illuminate.

Truly. I'll see what I can dig up.

>While I keep trying, is "negative pin angle" leaning towards the
> agraffe?

Yes and not a solution I would condone.

And what do you mean by
>>comparing "flag pole range" to "non-flag pole range."?
>
> David Skolnik

I would say that the flag pole range is anywhere above 1" to 1-1/8" for a 2/0 x 2-1/2" still somewhat dependent on torque specification and block composition. Come to think of it however, flag-poling shouldn't affect torque; but I still contend the amount of pinblock to tuning pin surface area does. Perhaps if they're screwed in rather than driven the case would be different. I may be screwed but my pins are driven.

Jude