[pianotech] Standard Tuning Prices

Piano Boutique pianoboutique at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 06:20:21 MDT 2009

Julia,

Let me tell you a story.   In 1980 we had a down slump in the economy and I
decided to lower my prices from $45 to $29.95 to stimulate business.   I got
more customers, but the final bottom line came out the same.   Before the
lowering, I was making about $24,000 and after I lowered the fee I still
made $24,000 just working harder.

After the bad economy, I raised my prices again to $45 per tuning, and you
guessed it, I was making about $24,000 just like before.

My take, just hold steady and use the extra time to rebuild used pianos to
sell and that way you will come out ahead.

William