[pianotech] Decal

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 18:40:12 MDT 2009

new client called me today and tells me that her 8 year old  baby grand
pianos decal is curling and affecting the hammer action

It doesn't; just wrong terminology use by the customer. I'll bet the piano
is also a Kohler & Campbell with the decal curling up off the soundboard and
dampening the strings. You know, those wiry things that the pads hit. A
close examination will reveal that this decal purports to proclaim that the
instrument is a Heritage Quality piano. Why not ask the manufacturer for a
new decal? Eight years old. Hmmm. Should be factory warranty invoke time
methinks.

Been there, done that and already thrown away the T-shirt.

Joseph Alkana RPT (Retired)

  _____