[pianotech] Scheduling

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Oct 7 05:04:49 MDT 2009

On my way out the door, I'll ask a new customer if I should call in 6 months
or a year (<either/or>, not <yes/no>). Then when I get home, I "pencil them
in" for that timeframe and call them in 5-1/2 months or 11-1/2 months to
schedule. Sometimes they beg out when I call (e.g. someone got laid off) and
sometimes they schedule another month out.

When they beg out, I offer to call back in a few months. Only one comes to
mind that said "We have your card, we'll call you." (That was a donated
charity auction winner, decent newer Boston vertical which actually gets
used and was terribly flat when I tuned it.)

Doing it this way, I do have to do dreaded calling (to schedule), but I
don't have to be so organized to know what my "life" schedule will be like 6
months or a year out.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN