[pianotech] dolly with altitude

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Oct 5 18:02:47 MDT 2009

Tuned a Corfam Baldwin last week in a small town high school.
As if that wasn't adventure enough, it was sitting perched
high atop a homemade dolly, with the rear wheels mounted WAY
too close to directly below the plate. I pushed it (very
carefully) back against that brick wall and tuned it. It
rocked good and scary during the process, but was one of the
very few pianos I have been able to almost comfortably tune
standing up. I could actually reach the keys without bending
over! I have no idea how anyone reaches the pedals sitting
down with the keys under their nose.

Ron N