[pianotech] Piano Disc Pedal Adaptor for the handicapped pianist

Michiel van Loon mvanloon at pianoman.nl
Mon Oct 5 03:44:47 MDT 2009

Dear colleagues,
I repost my last message in plain text for those who are not able to
receive HTML messages.
In the last few years I have installed several Piano Disc Pedal
Adaptors for disabled pianists.

See http://www.pianoman.nl/piano/pedaladapter/pedaalaanpassing.htm

Last week I got 2 requests. One request coming from a potential
customer, here in the Netherlands, who can not use his legs.

I inquired at Piano Disc - Europe if they
still can provide me with such a system.

The answer was:
Dear Mr. Van Loon,
I'm sorry to inform you that the product you are looking for has been
discontinued.
I hope I can be of more help next time and please feel free to contact
me if
you need any additional information.
Sincerely
--
Andreas Duetz
Managing Director Europe

But that same week I got a request from a disabled pianist in
Wisconsin, who had read about my doings with Pedal Adaptors. He asked
me if the Pedal Adaptor was also available in the USA. Sure, I replied,
it's a US product, you can find the Piano Disc contact information at
their website.

This Wisconsin person sent me a message in return:
Dear Mr. van Loon:
Thank you for the response.  I've spoken to representatives from
PianoDisc by phone and was told that their Pedal Adaptor has been
discontinued and that a new replacement product launch is months away
at best.  This raises my original question, which is whether your
system -- or another one I haven't heard of yet -- is available through
piano technicians here in the U.S?  If you know a technician in
Wisconsin or elsewhere in the U.S. that I could contact about this,
please let me know.  Thanks again.
Sincerely,
K.
My question to you, dear friends, is, does anyone know more about
the progress PianoDisk is making with the new version of the
PedalAdaptor?

And can anyone answer Mr K's question? And/Or has anyone a Pedal
Adaptor in stock?

--
Vriendelijk groeten,
Michiel van Loon