[pianotech] Young Chang & Weber Grands:ActionClicking/KnockingUpon Quick Key Release

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 17:50:34 MDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Tom Driscoll <tomtuner at verizon.net> wrote:

> List,
> I just came from  a dealers showroom today and he asked me about action
> noise on a Chinese grand with a player system.
> I pulled the action and one whippen ,needled the jack regulating punching,
> whippen cushion and knuckle.
> It quieted right down but I wonder for how long?
> Interesting comments as always from David Anderson . I've been asked to
> prep this thing and I'll pay special attention to jack position and rep
> lever spring strength.
>     Tom Driscoll

> 06:20:00

A question for all of you please, I work/live in a 2 store town we have not
had an active Young Chang dealer nearby thus I don't see many, I tune one
vertical YC regularly and have looked at a Weber for another tech giving a
2nd opinion of some tuning problems he had experienced. That is the sum
total of my experience with them so far, the other dealer took them on to
replace the Baldwin dealership they lost so I will be seeing more, plus our
mobile population means I will inevitably run across one.

Are the knuckles being discussed buckskin, ecsaine or something else? Is the
hardening problem the material, the "curing" process (if buckskin) or
installion, ergo too much glue, etc.?
Thanks,
Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404