[pianotech] tool cases and ...

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 4 14:34:42 MDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

Speaking of noises, I was tuning this Everett, one of the school pianos, and I kept hearing this odd buzz rattle noise when I played a4.  Being a detective is sure key.  It's funny when you find out what the cause was, and in my case looked felt the back of the piano nothing unglued there opened the bottom panel, and there was a broken bass bichord string touching the area creating that weird buzzrattle sound.  I want to splice it, but there is soo little steel wire to work with about the width of my thumb nail. a bit shorter.

Another item. Someone here mentioned Platt tool cases. At their website, for piano techs, would you recommend their tool cases or technician cases?  My stanley tool box that the school gave us, the black and yellow ones that have those cute little plastic doors on top that open and the lock flips up for the main lid.  Well mine isn't holding up to great, lock doesn't always lock like it should. My wife will say "do you now your tool box isn't locked.."  I want something more durable just in case I do have to carry more weighty tools and/or travel in not so great areas.  Speaking of which, would any of you travel to a bad area to service a piano? if you do any ideas on being extra safe? I need the money in a great way.

Thanks everyone

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service