[pianotech] Warranties

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 12:33:35 MDT 2009

David

Yes, an attorney would be best to consult in this case. But it seems that if the customer thinks the dealer sold a piano that is not in the condition the dealer claimed it was, it could be grounds for fraud. The only way to judge if the piano is defective, is to have another tuner evaluate it. If that evaluation includes tuning the piano, then the warrantee has been voided But if the piano was not in the condition the customer was lead to believe it was, then it refers back to the fraud part. In either case, the warrantee is voided, and the customer can make a claim against the dealer. It will be up to the dealer to decide if he wants to enforce the warrantee claim, or make a "deal" with the customer to keep from going to trial.

Are you just speculating on a possible case here, or is there a situation where this scenario is actually taking place?

Wim