[pianotech] The End of Piano Making in Britain

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 06:20:30 MDT 2009

That is sad to hear, but not unexpected I guess. The Australian factories
closed about 30 years ago, putting us in the same position. Since then there
have been several short term courses organised, as time and interest have
allowed. Other than that, people have travelled overseas to Japan, Europe or
USA to train, or found an older tuner locally willing to mentor them.

If you want a good model to follow, just look to our friends in the USA, who
have long ago realised the importance of a strong Piano Technicians Guild,
with members willing to share information freely with those wanting to
learn.

Scott Jackson
Wollongong NSW Australia