[pianotech] Erwins key dip gauge

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Feb 28 11:17:47 PST 2009

> The .370" just forward of the front rail pin will be more than .370" at
> the front of the key. I dunno how much.
>
> Paul Bruesch

It depends on the key dimensions. Shorter keys will show
greater difference in dip between key pin and front.
Measuring at, or at the front edge of, the pin makes the most
sense. Works for both sharps and naturals with a minimum of...

Then you refine your choice of adjustment(s) to even out the
feel to your satisfaction - by feel, rather than measurement.
Ron N