[pianotech] wax in grand action

Pam Bero itune4you at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 06:26:47 PST 2009

Thank you to all for your responses to my question about getting wax out of
a grand action.  Thankfully none of the action centers were affected which
makes the clean up so much easier.  When I removed the action there was at
least 4” of wax piled up in the very back of the action cavity
.In fact, the
wax melted sideways and missed the damper levers by about a ½”.  Whew.  On
the bright side I told the woman that it was the best smelling piano I’d
ever worked on.

Thank you Paul for your Easter service ring of fire story.  Made me feel
better.  J

Thanks again: Pam