[pianotech] another treat

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 06:05:58 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:24 AM, John Ross <jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca> wrote:

>  *Do you use ear plugs?*
> *I use -12db ones from Pianotech, they cut down on ear 'strain', from
> excess noise.*
> *John Ross*

I guess I'm just A B normal as they said in "Young Frankenstein". I've never
had or noticed the strain that you describe, I tuned aurally for 40 years
sometimes 6 or more in a day. No ill effects to speak of other than needing
the semi-regular services of a chiropractor! (g)

I have for the last 9 or 10 years used the 20 db earplugs from Pianotech
more for saving my hearing than for any perceived strain. I know too many
older techs who are hard of hearing especially in their right ear. My last
hearing test my hearing had improved over the previous one 7 years ago.
My body gets weary sitting in the same position for long periods, I have to
remind myself to take a break, get up move around, stretch some although I
have to admit I sometimes get into that tuning "zone" and discover I've
tuned through the entire piano without stopping.

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404