[pianotech] ot teflon

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 25 07:23:45 PST 2009

I was reading in AARP today, an article about cancer/prevention and came
across this."....household toxins should be minimized. Substances that
can impair your body's cancer-fighting system include certain
preservatives in cosmetics (called parpbens and Phthalates):
TEFLON(emphasis mine) released from scratched pans.........."

This a doctor who has also had cancer......

Is there research which would suggest all teflon  is a carcinogen?  Some
have said it is temperature sensitive.  Now, I am a bit concerned.
Perhaps I have missed some discussion.
les bartlett