[pianotech] BBB

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Feb 25 03:41:37 PST 2009

Mark Schecter wrote:

> Well, I'm no big fan of the BBB, and I didn't like the aggresive
> marketing. BUT, they offered me access to a group health insurance plan
> that didn't screen for pre-existing conditions, one of which I had, and
> therefore I was able to get coverage that I otherwise would not have
> Been able to afford. No argument with most of the comments on this
> thread, just that to me, this was an exception worth mentioning.

> And by the way, our own PTG has not yet found a way to do that for us.
> Not that it would be easy, but the BBB had an answer to my need, when my
> own organization didn't, so I feel they deserve credit for that.

Blame congress for PTG's not being able to come up with a health plan.  Your Local BBB could offer one because it was for people in one state.  PTG would have to offer a plan for all states and congress in their wisdom has failed to provide the legal mechanism to pull that off.  Health plans are all regulated by each individual state.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu