[pianotech] web page

Ron Berry ron at berrypiano.com
Tue Feb 24 09:23:00 PST 2009

There is lots of information on the web about Search Engine Optimization.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization
Doing things that try to short circuit the search engine's system can
sometimes backfire. Careful use of terms in the page title, meta tag,
headings and body of your text can help. For a long time the PTG avoided
using the words piano tuner because we are piano technicians. Therefore we
did not show up well when searching "piano tuner".  I put those words in the
page titles and elsewhere and the ratings went up. The rules keep changing
as people try to outsmart the search engines. Having valuable content that
other people might link to is always a high priority.

ron

--
Ronald Berry Piano Service
ron at berrypiano.com