[pianotech] Bass Top Bridge

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 23 20:01:36 PST 2009

Farrell wrote:
> BTW, Ron N mentioned to use epoxy impregnated Delignit as a replacement
> material. Do you think that omitting the "impregnated" and going with a
> standard Delignit piece would be sufficient?
>
> Sure, like Ron replied, it's better to do it, but traditional methods do
> not include that. I believe he is referring to putting a drop of epoxy
> on the bridge pin before driving it into the bridge - it's something I
> always do when driving a new pin into a new bridge/cap.

Right, or otherwise soaking the thing in as much as it will
absorb. I'd replace rather than repair in this case, even if a
repair might well be fine. For the time spent, I'd like to see
a new part, cross ply laminated and immortalized with near
indestructible resin. A personal fetish maybe, but there it is.
Ron N