[pianotech] sick customers

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Feb 23 01:39:08 PST 2009

    I read somewhere that problems in hospitals with spreading germs
    etc. has been cut in half just my regular hand washing ...soap and
    water
    David Ilvedson, RPT
    Pacifica, CA 94044

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

Washing your hands goes back a ways..... but surprisingly not as far
back as you might think Prior to washing hands the general notion was
that anomolies in Telluric currents were largely responsible for disease
occurance ... an idea that seems to be still hanging in there....
http://www.ojasfield.com/ojasservice/harmony2.html .  Fit(s) in nicely
with old greek ideas surrounding the four elements and humouralism.
Bloodletting was the answer for just about everything.

Semmelweis was pretty much chastised to death for his ideas. A truly
great historic example of how Science marches on !

Keeping yourself clean certainly helps... but if the folks what touch
you or get up close and personal with you are not as hygienic minded you
are exposed anyways.

Cheers
RicB