[pianotech] Dye for CA

Greg Graham grahampianos at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 19:41:00 PST 2009

Jeff was the closest in the quest for "visible" CA glue.

After much searching, all I found was a chemical used by CSI folks to make CA visible in ultraviolet light.  You mist it on after the glue is dry.  Too much time and $$ for this project, but interesting.

I couldn't come up with a source of black CA soon enough.  We tear apart the piano in two days.

Thanks,
Greg

> Jeff Deutschle wrote:

>Can't wait to hear the results from all of this. Consider using an
ultraviolet dye so that the results will be unambiguous.