[pianotech] Sticking key question

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 19 03:50:34 PST 2009

My hunch is that the same felt supplier was supplying Pratt Whitney and other makers at the time. The worst case that I encountered was on a very nice Sohmer console. So there goes the inexpensive piano theory.
Peter Comstock, the grandson of the Comstock family who owned Pratt Whitney lived very close to me and attested that this was a problem at one point.