[pianotech] Equipment Purchase Help

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Feb 18 03:32:52 PST 2009

david at piano.plus.com wrote:
> Oh yes Ron! The spring bushing clamps! An early purchase of mine that I've
> never used!  What was the false beat suppressor, and how was it supposed
> to work? I always looked at the string stretcher, rather doubtfully, in
> the catalogue, but never bought one.

The string stretcher is only good for putting in the beading when
replacing your window/door screening.

The false beat suppressor is like a string stretcher without the wheel
(it has a groove in the end of a bent metal bar) and a rubber cane tip
on the other end to push against.  It's most effective function is
breaking action parts (particularly upright damper flanges) when you
attempt to actually use it. DAMHIK

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076