[pianotech] Fourths

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Feb 18 00:43:43 PST 2009

Hi Bob

Grin.... this is Pianotech you see... posts that require you to read
beyond a couple quips must be piano-politically loaded so as to generate
a frenzy of opinion and further quipping about design issues local techs
will never be in agreement on, despite the market having evidently
settled most such issues several decades ago, or be some entertaining
anecdote that is semi related to our trade.

Seriously tho.. Haven't had time to read through and digest adequately
your posts yet to comment further then that your 4 conclusion points
agreeable as far as they go. Actually I would say that the 12th root of
2 bit is perhaps a bit overstated. You can indeed tune most any decent
quality piano in the temperament area to semitones that are spaced
perfectly thus and end up with a more then acceptable quasi-equal
temperament and tune octave types out from there to arrive at a tuning
just about no one on the face of the planet will have a problem with.

Cheers
RicB