[pianotech] Equipment Purchase help

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Feb 17 20:30:09 PST 2009

David Boyce wrote:
> Another approach might be to suggest tools and materials NOT to waste
> money on!
>
> I'd like to nominate Hammer Shank Bending Pliers, the Angled Spoon
> Bender (intended for beding spoons with the actiona in situ by reaching
> behind) and metal tuning pin sleeve/bushings.
>
> Any others?
>
> David.

String stretcher, with auxiliary soundboard wheel. Key bushing
spring clamps. Aluminum tuning fork. False beat suppressor.
Soundboard toggles. Plastic key bushing inserts. Hammer shank
repair sleeves. With items already mentioned, all good things
to not have in your junk drawer thirty years from now.

Ron N