[pianotech] Mahagony soundboards

Marc Lanthier (Piano Lanco) info at pianolanco.com
Tue Feb 17 14:14:32 PST 2009

How was the tone?

Marc Lanthier
514-770-7438
1-877-PIANO10
info at pianolanco.com
www.pianolanco.com  <http://www.pianolanco.com/>

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano
Sent: February 17, 2009 5:03 PM
To: Piano Tech List
Subject: [pianotech] Mahagony soundboards

Speaking of a slowing economy, I must personally state that I am enjoying
getting a little more time back out on the road. It can be so gratifying
doing whatever can be done in a two hour slot or so to improve a piano,
compared to spending months on one piano splitting all those exponentially
decreasing hairs.

Anyway, I stumbled across this treat a few weeks ago. It's an L. Berger &
Co. console made in Philadelphia. It wasn't obvious that the s/b was
mahagony until I went to adjust the pedals and saw it with me own eyes. I
didn't get a chance to verify if it was laminated, my two hours ran up. ;)
Next time.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts