[pianotech] Mahagony soundboards

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Tue Feb 17 14:03:26 PST 2009

Speaking of a slowing economy, I must personally state that I am enjoying getting a little more time back out on the road. It can be so gratifying doing whatever can be done in a two hour slot or so to improve a piano, compared to spending months on one piano splitting all those exponentially decreasing hairs.

Anyway, I stumbled across this treat a few weeks ago. It's an L. Berger & Co. console made in Philadelphia. It wasn't obvious that the s/b was mahagony until I went to adjust the pedals and saw it with me own eyes. I didn't get a chance to verify if it was laminated, my two hours ran up. ;)  Next time.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545