[pianotech] Miking center pins and broach set

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 20:55:18 PST 2009

Greetings,

         Does anyone else out there  mike their center pins? I had an
instructor at UWO who always miked  his. He said that he found that pins can vary in
size.
     I miked my broaches too and gaging  by the way my broaches feel sliding
through the mike jaws (with a very  slight resistence, the Schaff #21 pins
mike at .0525!  Are broaches .0005"  larger than center pins? Sure seems that way.

Thanks in advance,
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA
**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.