[pianotech] VS profelt on dampers?

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 15 14:31:35 PST 2009

I tried it, but really just kind of off-handed.  I mean, we had this spinet with crusty damper felts in the shop and I was using the Profelt on some keybushings and we thought, let's try it.  So we just dripped a little liquid on a few of them, right there in the piano.

They seemed better immediately, but it could have just been the dampness itself that temporarily made the crust a bit softer, resulting in less contact noise.

I wasn't in the shop for several days and when I came back the piano was gone, so I don't if there was any improvement once they were dry.

That's really not much help, is it?

All I can really tesitfy to, factually, is that the dampers definitely did not explode immediately upon having the VS Profelt applied.

Tom Sivak
Chicago