[pianotech] WNG Backchecks

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Sat Feb 14 18:09:18 PST 2009

Thanks Ron,

- but NOOOOOOOO!
> Murphy was demonstrably an optimist, as you've just demonstrated. I've
> long ago lost count of mine. Missed it by *that* much...
<<< The bright side is that its always a learning experience - and my hammer
set is paid for.

> Re recovery, if it's only a few in the top bass, you can either just do it
> and see how it works, or do some creative (but not that difficult)
> woodwork and add extensions.

<<<Have already opted for extensions in order to use the set - and learn how
to do extensions. Having never done extensions I
imagine that a simple joint with matching wood&grain joined with wood glue
would be strong enough? Do
you think that any mortising would be required?? Possibly join it at 45% to
get more gluing surface area??

Gene