[pianotech] WNG Backchecks

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Sat Feb 14 15:03:22 PST 2009

> The hammer moldings are too short for
> the bore distance.

I thought that is what I tried to say, sorry if I was not clear.

>You ought to have around 29mm tails even with "standard" checks, so these
>would be too short for any backcheck with that (whatever it is) bore
>distance.

The original and new - bore and overall lengths are exactly the same: 57.5
and  81 for note 25 - top bass note.
Is 57.5 an unusually long bore?
It is really only the top 5  bass hammers that are just a bit too short.
They are Isaac hammers.
Curious about overall length in upper bass for other hammer sets.
Thanks,

Gene