[pianotech] OT: I know it's not a piano... (Andy McKee)

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sat Feb 14 10:34:31 PST 2009

John, et.al.

I've been an electric bassist for some (dare I say it?) 35+ years. Many
professional bassist use the hammeron and pull off tecnique.  Check out
bassist Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, Louis Johnson, John Pattatuchi
(spelling?), and on guitar, Eddie Van Halen.  They all use this technique.

Paul

JimWilsonian at aol.com
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
02/14/2009 11:31 AM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [pianotech] OT: I know it's not a piano... (Andy McKee)

John, the "hammer on / pull off" technique he's using is called "guitar
tapping", a trail blazed by Emmett Chapman, then Stanley Jordan many ago.
I'd agree that it's astounding.  ... If you want to see someone that has
taken this technique to a whole new level, check out Andy McKee.  A truly
breathtaking reinterpretation of what this instrument is capable of.  Wow.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/mckee

Have a great weekend, ya'll!
Jim Wilson

From: <johndelmore at suddenlink.net>
Subject: OT: I know it's not a piano...

But it IS one of the classic works of an American piano composer (I think
he also had a birthday, recently...).  And you will have to give the
"astounding performance" points, I think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShR8H5QWSM

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (
http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=febemailfooterNO62
)