[pianotech] Wurzen/Weickert felt

andré oorebeek oorebeek at planet.nl
Sat Feb 14 10:33:04 PST 2009

On Feb 14, 2009, at 6:27 AM, erwinspiano at aol.com wrote:
>>  Hi Andre
>>  That opinion is nice to hear & carries a lot of weight with me.
>>   Can you elaborate on the voicing protocol etc?
>>  I'm up to my ears in Wieckert R& D currnetly. I'll send an update
>> in another post.
>>  Dale

Hi Dale and list,

I just installed my first Weickert special in a C3.
Jurgen Goering was here too (we had a lot of fun, but he is now back
in Vancouver) and we  were both (along with a befriended colleague)
smashed with the result.
The high treble had definitely more 'ping' and the hammers in the
middle section required hardly any voicing, so all in all the voicing
took maybe 30 minutes.

As I described before :
A regulation and a tuning.
a little colodion in the last 5 treble hammers.
Getting rid of the cups.
String leveling and some hammer/string mating.
20 to 30 stitches in the middle section.
Evening out the transition from bass to lower treble.
Needling up the first 10 bass hammers.

That was it. Just amazing.....
I am waiting for the next hammer sets but they (Renner Germany) don't
have the felt. #$%&*$@?!

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek