[pianotech] OT: I know it's not a piano...

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Feb 14 09:29:20 PST 2009

>  From some early guitar lessons, I think this is called "hammering on".

I'd have to see it live to believe it, especially on the passages he
was playing...
with no discernable deflection of the neck. A quick light touch does
not produce
a plucked or hammered effect nor the embellishments which do not correspond
to finger movements.

I'm not a guitarist but the sound I hear does not jive with the video.

But that live Inauguration Day Performance went without a glitch, din'it?
--

Regards,

Jon Page