[pianotech] how's business? is "crisis" affecting it?

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Sat Feb 14 08:55:23 PST 2009

What recession??

I've had a rather satisfying period in my business lately.  December dropped
off about mid month and so my sanity was still in tact for the holidays.
Overall, it's been comfortable.  I've even had a little time to play in my
back yard putting in a retaining wall garden complete with a railroad.  A
bit cold and wet but it's February  ......   I'm not complaining.  The sun's
shining  .........   a bit here and there.

I've survived numerous downturns and other hazards in this business over the
last 40 years.  It's comforting to hear you all reporting in with your
comfort zones in good shape.  It takes some really long term financial
planning to obtain a stable platform to live on surviving all kinds of
economic debris slinging.  Most of us are self-employed and so the level of
gratification of being able to sit back and relax in times like this is
rather sizable.

I'm forecasting that the economy in general will bounce back rapidly.
Housing/financing on the other hand has had help digging itself into a huge
hole.

BTW, I have at least two calls a day next week with the week following
filling in a little bit everyday.  The phone has been quite active lately.
Reminder cards help!!!!

I wish you all a prosperous year.  Happy Valentines Day to the ladies.

lar