[pianotech] Weickert special felt update

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 04:20:33 PST 2009

David
? I have not had to do this yet but the depths of this felt is yet to be plumbed. As one of my testers,Will Truit. can speak to that.
? Dale

-----Subject: Re: [pianotech] Weickert special felt update

?
So Dale, you don't need to deep needle in the shoulders???

?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044

Subject: [pianotech] Weickert special felt update

?

? Just a brief note:
?? I just today?installed a set of?Concert density?Weickerts special felt?in my own Steinway B & they are awesome. I wanted something more from the piano?& these hammers deliver. Fantastic clarity in the top half of the piano. It's a bit dark like the D in the bottom end?I posted about but I'm going to file & iron it a bit and give it some time to work things out.??
??? This piano was at convention last year in the rebuilders gallery.
???? Some notes may need even need a bit of light needling soon to open up the tone but so far I'm thrilled.
? ?The piano will go to convention as is with just filing, string mating?& a couple tunings pounded in.?Fantastic color/ power the bottom end Needs play in but the piano sounds like it just got a?6 inches?longer.
??
?If?any are?coming to the convention come by the booth and?say hi?or to the Ronsen Class. ?The piano will be played in class to demonstrate these hammers.
??
??By the way?Jack Brand of Wurzen?is giving his Felt Class which is sponsored by Ronsen piano hammer & Renner USA. Ray/Dale Rick Baldassin & Lloyd Meyer will be present to lend support & answer any questions but Jack will have the?Bully pulpit.
??? Cheers
??? Dale

Carnations mean admiration, Tulips mean love - what do Roses mean? Find out now!