[pianotech] Yello Book...how's business? is "crisis"affecting it?

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 20:16:24 PST 2009

An ad in the Yellow Pages, in my opinion, do not necessarily get you new business, although I got enough of it to justify the expense. It is a place for your customers to find you when they need you. Not all customers are organized and keep your business card or service receipt in a neat place. So they need a place to look to find your phone number. If you send out reminder cards, those are not always delivered, or when a customer moves, are not forwarded. A customer might recommend you to a friend or relative, and give out your name, but not your phone number. You don't need a display ad. If you have a business phone, then your name will automatically appear in the Yellow Pages, the one distributed by your phone company. Other Yellow books?will also give you a free listing.?

But more and more people are not?using the YP anymore.?That is why web based directories should be considered. ?But, as long as YP publishes, my name will be in there.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943