[pianotech] Pressure ridges

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 07:41:21 PST 2009

---- Hi MArcel
????? I Know Yamaha's. My Dad was? a dealer. & like other pianos some are better than others. The Best sounding Yamaha C-7 I work on, or ever heard for that matter has a nice fat ridge like the one you describe. I installed Wurzen AA s in this piano 4 years ago & the guy has thanked me at least? 5 times for how much better it sounds.
? Leave it alone. It is what it is. No worries my brother. If it opens fill it with epoxy(let dry)?and then string it....quickly. lol
? Dale Erwin

Hi,
I quoted to repin and restring a C-7 a few years back at a college nearby. Now they want me to do it next summer. I serviced the piano yesterday and noticed an impressive pressure ridge that runs in front of the treble bridge from the tail to the treble end.
Now what annoys me is that I'm afraid that after restringing what if the ridge cracks open? The piano is about 20 some years old in a college situation with a Dampp Chaser installed, but not always plugged in... Would there be anything that I could do once the strings are off to get rid of this ridge, should I stay away from this job? I'm not sure I could sell a new board (no money-no candy). Maybe some of you could give me your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Marcel Carey, Sherbrooke, QC

=