[pianotech] Pressure ridges

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 13 05:12:20 PST 2009

Marcel,

No experience here, but it seems logical to repair a pressure ridge the
same way one would repair a crack.  Cut away the damaged wood and fill
with either a spruce shim or thickened epoxy.  Like crack repair, this
would be mostly cosmetic, although you might expect this action to
prevent the rib separation that sometimes follows cracking.

Mike