[pianotech] Do fourths beat faster

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 04:55:13 PST 2009

Brian:

You are very welcome.

I try to keep the theory and the practice balanced, but I find myself
leaning one way or the other far too often.

I've been trying to remind myself that all the different tests for
single and multiple octaves, 4ths, 5th, 12ths and 17ths should be used
to know what the stretch is, not what it ought to be. The stretch
should suit the piano not, necessarily a particular test. The tests
should be used as limits and to keep the stretch smooth.

I have in-laws in Brisbane, but haven't been down under, yet.

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.