[pianotech] Sandpaper paddles!

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 20:19:27 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM, David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  Those look a lot like what I use.   At this time I'm using a paint
> stirrer, old yardsticks.   I've got a couple I made from the hammer dividers
> you get with Renner hammers.   I'm gluing pieces of 1" sanding belts.  80
> grit and 120 grit...I always go over the strike point with a wide sheet of
> 220 or higher...
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA 94044
>  ------------------------------

I have some nice 1" wide wood laminate. The school district I've tuned for
over 30 years placed the high school music department down the same hallway
as the industrial arts department. The woodshop teacher and I have become
friends over the years. He has had his students making compound bows, using
wood laminate they made in the shop. He gave me a piece of scrap about 24"
long a few years ago, it makes nice, stiff, durable sandpaper files.

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404