[pianotech] Plugging a pinblock

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 9 19:57:03 PST 2009

Hi, all.  I am wondering if anyone who has plugged a pinblock will chime in
on this.  I looked at the proposed victim today, and wondered about this
question:  should I use a mixture of 3/8 and 1/2 inch plugs?   The low
tenor, especially, seems that if you used 1/2 inch plugs, there would be
places where the glue lines would intersect with where the adjacent tuning
pin would go, or at least very close.  Does this make any difference?

Clark A. Sprague, RPT