[pianotech] Cleaning hammers and other action parts?

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Feb 9 14:19:55 PST 2009

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of John Ross
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 4:43 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Cleaning hammers and other action parts?

Glass beads in a sand blaster at reduced pressure, does a reasonable job.

I haven't done it too much, and never got around to making the cabinet.

There was an article in the Journal years ago with plans and instructions by
Bill Spurlock.

John Ross

I have a post from the archives below on using a sand blaster for keys, but
I use it for actions as well. No need for a fancy cabinet, just do it
outside and don't worry about recovering the sand. It certainly won't hurt
the environment and you can do a lot of actions with 100 lbs of sand.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802