[pianotech] Capstan Line

David C. Stanwood stanwood at tiac.net
Sun Feb 8 10:19:29 PST 2009

Gene and Noah,

Gene: That's a great idea.... except a cheap hand held laser isn't
strong enough to
burn through the wippen rail to line up with the wippen center!!   A stick with
a notch cut out to accommodate the wippen rail will suffice.

Noah: Even easier is to closely observe the movement of the capstan
against the wippen
heel.  When your on or close to the line you will see very little
movement of the
two against each other...

David S