[pianotech] Capstan Line

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Sun Feb 8 08:20:14 PST 2009

   It's a little hard taking this reading however since there's a small wood stabilizing foot (also the square wippen rail) that gets in the way of my string, so that I have to hold the string about 7/8" away from the key and carefully follow the line of the string with my whole head so as to not distort the view. Does that make sense?

  I use a cheap hand held laser leveler that projects a straight line about 18" long - works better than a string and obsticles like you describe will become a non-issue.
  Gene