[pianotech] Grand piano and dog

Christina Sebelius calico_1 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 7 20:49:47 PST 2009

A customer has a problem with her male dog lifting his leg on the grand leg of the piano. She has tried scolding the dog and squirting his face with a special perfume to deter him but she has not been able to change the dog's behavior. The dog is 11 years old and this has been going on for several yeras. She has diaper pads next to the piano leg to protect the floor. Moving the piano to another location in the living room is not an option. The previous residents had cats and the customer thinks the cats used the same area as a litter box -- maybe the dog is attracted by lingering odors.I suggested wrapping the legs in plastic wrap or cellophane, but the result would be a puddle next to the leg. Blocking the dog from the living room would be difficult. She told me she walks the dog several times a day.  Moving the piano to another location in the living room is not possible.  Are there any suggestions? Thank you! Sincerely, Christina Sebelius